Pie Crust (9″) 2
s about 8 cups (6-8 Apple
s peeled and slIce
For best results use 2-3 varieties of Apple
Syrup — 2 tblsp
All Purpose Flour — 3 tblsp
— 1 tsp
— 1/4 tsp
— 1 pinch
Turmeric Powder — a pinch
— 2 tblsp
Egg — 1/2
1. Take the apple slices in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the lemon juice, sugar, turmeric powder, salt, corn syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg to that and toss.
3. Add the flour and mix together.
4. Take one pie crust on a pie plate and fill it with the apple mixture.
5. Add small pieces of butter on top.
6. Use the second pie crust to cover the apples. Seal the edges and cut few slits on top for the steam to escape. (I have made a lattice top with the second pie crust.)
7. Brush the top crust with beaten egg to give a shiny finish.
8. Sprinkle some white sugar on top.
9. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 55 min — 1 hr until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
Posted By: rameesha, sukkur