Add salt, red pepper, turmeric, coriander powder, white cumin, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, green cardamom and bay leaves in yogurt and mix well
Add meat to the mixture, apply spices all over the meat and leave for half hour for marination
Fry onions in oil till golden brown|
When they are golden brown, take them out and grind in a pan
Fry garlic in rest of the oil
When garlic is brown, add marinated meat and mix well
Add two glasses of water and cook on low heat. When meat is cooked, increase heat
If meat water dries out, cook meat well until its oil becomes visible
Add fried onions and mix well
Add 2 to 3 glass water and cook at low flame
Add ground nutmeg and mace and cook for 5 minutes on low heat
Delicious mutton korma is ready to serve
Recipe of Mutton (Goat Korma)
|Goat Korma will be prepared in 2 stages:
- 1st stage: Meat marination
- 2nd stage: Preparation of korma
- Meat: 1 kg
- Salt: as per taste
- Red Pepper: 2 tablespoons (or as per taste)
- Turmeric: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder: 2 tablespoons
- White Cumin: 1 teaspoon
- Cloves: 6 to 7
- Cinnamon: 2 sticks
- Black Peppercorns: 8 to 10
- Green Cardamom: 4 to 5
- Bay Leaves: 2 to 3 leaves
- Yogurt: 1/4 kg
- Nutmeg: 1/2 teaspoon (ground)
- Mace: 1/2 teaspoon (ground)
- Oil: 1 cup
- Kewra: 1/2 teaspoon
- Onions: 1/4 kg
- Water: as per taste
1st Stage (Meat Marination):
First add salt, red pepper, turmeric powder, coriander powder, white cumin, cloves, cinnamon, black peppercorns, green cardamom and bay leaves and mix well.
Then add meat to the mixture, apply spice well all over the meat and store aside for 30 minutes for marination.
2nd Stage (Preparing Korma):
- First heat oil in a pan for 2 to 3 minutes. Add and fry onions until golden brown.
- When onions are brown, take out and grind finely.
- Fry garlic until it turns brown and then add marinated meat.
- Mix well and add 2 glasses of water, let it cook on low heat.
- When meat is tenderized, increase the heat.
- Check if meat liquid is dried out, roast meat well until oil becomes visible. Then add fried onions, mix well and add 2 to 3 glass water and let it cook.
- Now add ground nutmeg and mace and cook at low flame for 5 minutes.
- When gravy is ready, turn the stove off, add kewra and cover the pan.
- Delicious mutton korma is ready to eat.
- Salt and red pepper could be adjusted accordingly.
- If meat is not tenderize, add hot water accordingly.