|Heat butter in pan; add black peppercorns, cloves, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom, onion and ginger garlic and mix.|
Fry onions to golden brown.
|Add liver and mix.|
|Once liver changes the color, add red pepper, turmeric, cumin powder and coriander powder mix well. |
Then add tomatoes.
|Once tomatoes get soft, add yogurt and mix well.|
|When oil is visible, add salt, dried fenugreek, thin sliced ginger, green chilies and green coriander and steam cook (place for dam) for 2 minutes. |
Once oil comes on top, remove it from stove.
|Delicious Masala Kaleji is ready to serve.|
How to Make Masala Kaleji
- Liver: 1kg
- Yogurt: 1/2 cup
- Onion: 1 large
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tbsp
- Large Green Chilies: 3 to 4 pcs
- Big Cardamom: 1 piece
- Fresh Ginger: 1 inch slice
- Cinnamon: 1 large stick
- Fenugreek Powder: 1-1/2 tbsp
- Cloves: 4 pcs
- Green Coriander: 1/2 bunch
- White Cumin: 1 tsp
- Tomatoes: 2 pcs
- Black Peppercorns: 5 pcs
- Red Chili Powder: 1 tsp
- White Cumin Powder: 1 tsp
- All-spice powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder: 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
- Butter or Oil: 1/2 cup
- Salt: As per taste
- Heat butter or oil in pan and mix black peppercorns, cloves, cumin powder, cinnamon, cardamom, onions and ginger
garlic paste together.
- Fry onions to golden brown color on high flame and then add liver and mix well.
- When liver changes the color, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and mix well.
And add tomatoes.
- When tomatoes become soft, add yogurt and roast well.
- When oil appears, add salt, dried fenugreek, thin sliced ginger, green chilies, and green coriander and steam-cook
(dam) for 2 minutes.
- Once oil comes on top, remove from the stove.
- Special kaleji masala is ready.
- Eat and enjoy!
There are lots of ways to cook a liver. Other than kaleji masala recipe, you may also like kaleji fry recipe, tawa kaleji recipe and keema kaleji recipes which all are offered below.
I have come up today with a very special masala kaleji recipe as Eid ul Adha is coming up very soon. You girls would be wandering on internet to determine what to make with the meat in hand. So find out how to make special kaleji recipe in Pakistani style with all desi masalay.
Some people underestimate the taste of beef or goat liver and give it away to others.
But this recipe would hold you from this!
Now you would be enjoying kaleji yourself even long after the Bakra Eid.