|Add oil in frying pan; add ginger garlic and fry for one minute|
|Add chicken, salt, red chili, ground coriander, turmeric powder and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on fast flame so that chicken gets tendered.|
Add onions, tomatoes, capsicum and mix. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes more and taken out in a dish.
|Delicious chicken jalfrezi is ready.|
Sprinkle all spice powder, green coriander and chopped green chili and serve.
Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe in English
- Chicken (Boneless): 1 kg
- Salt: as per taste
- Crushed Ginger Garlic: 2 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder: 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Powder: 1 tablespoon
- Onions: 3 medium (chopped)
- Tomatoes: 4 to 5 medium (chopped)
- Capsicum: 2 medium (chopped)
- Cooking Oil: 1/2 cup
- Green Coriander: 1/2 bunch (chopped)
- Green Chili: 1/2 bunch (chopped)
- All Spice Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Heat cooking oil in a pan for 3 to 4 minutes and then fry ginger garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, red chili, coriander powder, turmeric and chicken. Increase stove flame and cook for 4 to 5 minutes so that chicken gets tenderized.
- Add onions, tomatoes, capsicum, mix well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more and transfer in a serving bowl.
Sprinkle all spice powder, green coriander and green chili and serve with boiled rice.
Cut chicken after storing for some time in refrigerator and make uniform size pieces of meat so it may tenderize easily.
Chicken jalfrezi recipe was introduced in India. According to a survey in 2011, jalfrezi was the most demanded food in UK Indian restaurants. It's thick dry curry distinguishes it with common curry foods. You can make it too at home.
Here are some more varieties of jalfrezi recipes from Pakistani and Indian cuisines. Don't forget to try them at home. Chicken jalfrezi recipe in English by Chef Shireen Anwer and chicken jalfrezi recipe in Urdu.
Here we come with chicken jalfrezi recipe in Urdu presented with English translation as well.
Did you know about it before?
If not, I will tell you a detailed tips about how to make chicken jalfrezi at home with step by step pictures. With the help of this recipe, you would become a Pakistani jalfrezi expert within very short time.
KFoods.com offers a variety of more Chinese recipes, so besides jalfrezi recipe, try other Chinese foods as well. And here are the most popular Pakistani chicken recipes.
Chicken jalfrezi is written with different spellings variations such as zalfrezi and jhal frezi. It is a kind of curry dish with fried pieces of chicken with different vegetables and spices. When it is cooked, it becomes like a thick dry curry which can be used with rice or eaten with chapati.