Nan Khatai Recipe
Nan Khatai is really healthy traditional cooking recipe. It is very easy to prepare and gives you unique taste of Appetizer and Snack Recipes
• Plain flour 2 cups
• Ghee 1 cup
• Sugar 1 cup
• Baking powder 1/2 tsp
• Salt pinch
• Milk 3-4 tbsp
• Vanilla Essesance 1 tsp
• For Garnishing:
• Egg 1 - beaten
• Pistachios crush as required
• Almonds with skin halved as required
• Cherries halved as required
• Strawberry Jam as required
Nan Khatai Method / Tarika:1. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2. Add vanilla essance and ghee a little at a time.
3. Add enough ghee that should combine everything, most likely you will use a little lesst han 1 cup ghee.
4. Add 3-4 tbsp milk so to soften the dough so it is malleable like play dough.
5. Immediatley make little round balls with a very light hand and flatten lightly.
6. Place on a lightly greased baking tray, with enough space between each biscuits as the biscuits will rise in the oven.
7. Lightly and carefully brush each biscuit with egg wash.
8. To garnish with almonds - place each almond skin facing up lightly in to the biscuit.
9. To Garnish with jam - add a drop of strawberry jam in the centre of each biscuit
10. To garnish with cherries - lightly press half a cherry in the centre of each nan khatai.
11. To garnish with pistachios - place a small amount of crushed pistachios in the centre of each nan khatai.
12. Once you have garnished, place in a preheated oven 180c and bake for 18-20 mins, or lightly browned.
13. Do not over cook or over brown these nan khatai biscuits as these are very delicate and crumbly biscuits.
To Preserve: In an air tight container, line with parchment paper. Place cooled nan khatai with spacing, cover with another piece of parchment paper and place with nan katia. These biscuits can be stored in a cool place for 10-12 days.
Send Recipe's Errors & Suggestions