Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani Recipe
Smelling biryani? You must be. Learn how to make hyderabadi chicken biryani recipe with KFoods.com. Hyderabadi biryani renders a special taste enriched with aroma of basmati rice and spiced chicken. Its unique spices distinguish it with other biryani recipes of the Pakistan and India. Are you going to enjoy it tonight?
February Recipe Contest 2014
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 40 minutes | Servings: 4
1. In a big bowl, cut the pieces of chicken in big chunks, wash and clean thoroughly.
2. Combine yogurt, the ground masala paste, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and lemon juice.
3. Mix well. Add the pieces of chicken, also add 2 tsp oil.
4. Keep this marinated chicken aside for about 2-3 hours.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a pan, deep fry the onion and take out immediately after it turns into golden brown in color. Keep aside to cool.
6. In a blender combine half of the fried onion, chopped tomatoes, green chillies, ginger, garlic, mint leaves and coriander leaves.
7. Blend to make a smooth paste.
8. Soak the saffron in the milk and keep aside, as it will be used later.
9. Wash the rice thoroughly in water, soak for about 10 minutes.
10. Boil the rice in plenty amount of water, add little bit of salt and whole garam masala.
11. When the rice are 3/4th done then drain and keep in the sieve.
12. Remove out the whole garam masala ingredients, as they were just for flavoring rice, which is quite done.
13. Heat the pan or kadhai, melt 2 tbsp of ghee.
14. Now place half quantity of marinated chicken with its whole marination.
15. Then cover the chicken with the layer of rice.
16. Sprinkle some fried onions, half of the cardamom powder, chopped coriander and saffron.
Also add the remaining ghee.
Again repeat the same procedure and arrange the remaining chicken, rice and other ingredients.
Cover the pan with the tight lid.
Leave to cook for about 20-22 minutes on low flame.
Check twice in between and fluff up with a fork.
Check the tenderness of chicken, if it is cooked fully, then turn off the gas.
Serve hot with raita or as it is.
How to Make Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani Recipe (Summarized Method):
Get an awesome Hyderabadi biryani chicken recipe presented by KFoods.
- First cut chicken into large chunks and wash with tap water well.
- Mix all-spice powder, lemon juice, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, yogurt and ground masala paste together.
- Put chicken in the mixture, mix well and also add 2 teaspoon oil.
- Place it aside for 3 hours so that chicken is marinated in the spiced thoroughly.
- Now heat oil, fry onions until they turn golden brown and then place aside so they cool down on room temperature.
- Now blend half of the fried onions, chopped tomatoes, ginger, garlic, green chilies, mint and coriander leaves in a food blender until it forms a smooth paste.
- Soak saffron in milk and place aside for later use.
- Now wash all the rice and soak in water for 10 minutes.
- Now boil the rice, add some salt and whole all spice (sabut garam masala).
- Check if rice are done 3/4th, drain the water using a sieve.
- Now remove whole all spice.
- Heat pan and melt 2 tablespoons of ghee.
- Put half of the marinated chicken in the pan.
- Spread a layer of rice over the chicken.
- Put remaining fried onions, half of cardamom powder, chopped coriander and saffron.
- Add remaining ghee as well.
- Repeat the process again by placing remaining chicken, rice and other ingredients.
- Tightly cover the pan with lid.
- Cook at low heat for around 20 minutes.
- Keep checking the tenderness of chicken using a fork.
- Once cooked, switch stove off.
- Hyderabadi chicken biryani is ready to enjoy.
- Serve hot with due condiments.
Hyderabadi Biryani Recipe Related Tags:
Hyderabadi chicken biryani recipe utilizes various kinds of spices from particularly Hyderabadi cuisine. You would not find these spices in a regular
biryani recipe as these spices and seasoning are particular part of Hyderabadi foods. Mainly the recipe requires onions, tomatoes, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, green chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander and cardamom powder, lemon juice, garam masala, saffron, milk, coriander leaves and mint leaves. These additional ingredients form a taste that is never availed in any other biryani.
Hyderabadi chicken biryani recipe is not only famous in Pakistan but it is also cooked and enjoyed in other parts of the world. So now cook a tasteful biryani and serve to your friends and family; let's enjoy this unique and uncommon biryani taste.