Ingredient Of Cholay
* 1 cup of Chick Peas (Garbanzo Beans) (Kabuli Chana) (soaked overnight in warm Water
* 1 Onion (finely chopped)
* ½" piece of Ginger
Root (Adrak) (grated)
* 2 Cloves
* 1 Tea
Bag or 1 tsp. of Loose Tea
(Chai Ki Patti) (tied in a muslin cloth) (optional)
* ½ tsp. of Cumin Seeds (Saabut Sufaid Zeera)
* 2 tsp. of Red Chilli Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch) (more or less may be used depending on spIce
* ¼ tsp. Turmeric Powder (Pisi Haldi)
* 1 tbsp. Coriander
Powder (Pisa Dhania)
* 1 tsp. Cumin Powder (Pisa Zeera)
* 2 tsp. of Chana Masala
* 2 tsp. of Dry Mango
Powder (Aamchoor Powder)
* 2 tbsp. of Cooking Oil
Ingredient Of Bhaturay
* ½ cup of Potatoes
ed & grated)
* ½ cup of All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
* 1 ½ tsp. Cooking Oil
* More Cooking Oil
(for deep frying)
Ingredient Of garnish
* 1 Onion (slIce
* 4 Lemon
How to make Chola Bhatura
Direction For Cholay
1. Pressure cook the chick peas with the tea bag for 3 whistles until they are soft. Drain and set aside. Discard the tea bag.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the onion, ginger and garlic and sauté until the onion is golden brown.
3. Add the chana masala, red chilli powder, mango powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt and sauté for another minute.
4. Add the chick peas and 1 cup of water and mix well. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. And set aside.
Direction For Bhaturay
1. Combine the flour, potato, 1 ½ teaspoons of oil and salt and knead into a firm dough without using any water. Knead the dough very well until it is smooth. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and rest the dough for 10 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts and roll out into circles of 125 mm. (5") diameter.
3. Deep fry in hot oil until the bhaturas puff up and both sides are golden brown.
4. Serve hot with the cholay, sliced onion and lemon wedges.
Posted By: saima, karachi