|knead flour well and make balls|
|Boil potatoes and mash|
|Add chopped onions, chopped green chili, chopped green coriander, salt, ground red |
chili, ground black pepper and crushed coriander powder to mashed potatoes and mix well.
|Flatten flour balls, place potato mixture on it and make folds for paratha.|
|Now flatten out folded ball for paratha.|
|Heat tawa and bask paratha|
once both sides basked, apply oil or ghee on paratha and fry.
|Delicious aloo paratha is ready to serve|
Aloo Paratha Recipe in English
- Wheat Flour: 1/2 kg
- Boiled Potatoes: 1/2 kg
- Onions: 1 large
- Green Coriander: 1/2 bunch
- Green Chilies: 5 to 6
- Salt: as per taste
- Ground Red Chili: 1 teaspoon/as per taste
- Ground Black Pepper: 1/2 teaspoon
- Crushed Green Coriander: 1 teaspoon
- Oil/Ghee: as per taste
- Boil potatoes and mash
- Add chopped onions, chopped green chili, chopped green coriander, salt, ground red chili, ground black pepper and crushed coriander powder to mashed potatoes and mix
- Potato batter is ready. It will be used to stuff parathas.
- Knead flour well and make balls.
- Flatten a flour ball like roti and 2 place tablespoons potato mixture and fold it inwards like we do for making a square paratha.
- Now flatten it and do this to all parathas.
- Heat tawa and bask paratha.
- When both sides basked, apply oil or ghee on paratha and fry.
- Prepare all parathas similarly.
- Delicious aloo paratha is ready to serve. Enjoy with raita and pickles.
- Eat yourself and treat others too.
Enjoy aloo paratha recipe and share your feedback in the comments box below:
Potato or Aloo Paratha Recipe always makes us remember the old childhood days; we ate it in breakfast made by mom's hands. Today, KFoods.com is telling you the recipe of a perfect Punjabi aloo paratha as well as how to make it at home with step by step pictorial instructions. It is a breakfast favorite with tea; it is also eaten at afternoons in lunch. Aloo paratha is a traditional pick from Pakistani paratha recipes. It is particulary very popular in Sindh and Punjab.
In urban areas, though recipe for aloo paratha is followed to some extent but in rural areas, it is an everyday food item. Most of the villages are fragrant in the morning with aroma of ghee and potatoes when women are preparing breakfasts for husband, sons and brothers. You will also find it at dhaba restaurants where usually traditional foods are regularly available. These potato stuffed parathas offer the true Pakistani tastes which is hardly found in other areas of the world.
Let's scroll down for aloo paratha recipe.