Chicken Tikka Recipe
Chicken Tikka is really healthy traditional cooking recipe. It is very easy to prepare and gives you unique taste of Pakistani Recipes
4 Chicken quarters
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juIce
- 1\4 cup natural yogurt
- 1 tsp. Garlic paste
- 1 tsp. Ginger paste
- 1-2 green chilies, crushed
- 1 level tsp. cumin powder
- 1 level tsp. Garam masala
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 level tsp. Coriander powder
- 1 level tsp. chat masala
- 1 level tsp. Salt
- few drops of red or yellow food coloring
- Oil for basting
- Lemon wedges and Onions for decoration
1. Using a sharp knife, make 3 or 4 deep incisions in each chicken quarter. Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and rub the lemon juice into the incisions. Cover and leave to marinate for about an hour.
2. Add ginger, garlic. green chilies, cumin, garam masala, chili powder, coriander, chat masala, salt and food coloring to the yogurt and mix well.
3. Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces and coat them liberally with the yogurt mixture. Cover and leave to marinate at room temperature for about 5-6 hours or over night in a refrigerator.
4. Thread the chicken pieces on metal skewers and grill the chicken over hot charcoal, Basting once at the end of the cooking time. Alternatively, Place the chicken in a oven at 325F, (170C) or gas mark 3. Roost for 1 hour, Basting frequently and Turing once or twice to brown the both sides.
5.Decorate with lemon wedges and onion rings.
Cut the chicken breast into 2 inch pieces then marinate as above. Thread closely on metal skewers and grill as above.
Serve with Nan, Poodinay Ki Chutney and Raita.