Suji Ka Halwa Recipe
Suji Ka Halwa - This is a very delicious and traditional recipe specially for festivals like Shab-e-Baraat etc. So try this yummy Sooji Ka Halwa and many more Farah Jahanzeb khan Recipes
* To make sugar syrup, take sugar and water in equal quantity.
* In a pan heat sugar and cardamom seeds.
* In water add food color and mix well.
* Pour this water in sugar and mix to make syrup.
* When sugar is fully dissolved, syrup is ready.
* Leave syrup to cool.
* In a separate pan, roast semolina.
* Then add sugar syrup to the semolina.
* Mix well and boil.
* When it comes to boil add ghee and cook.
* Mix thoroughly so that it would not stick to the base of the pan.
* When ready takeout in a platter and garnish with nuts.
* Serve with Mathri or Puri.
Suji ka halwa (semolina pudding) is probably the most cooked halwa in Pakistan. Women are seen asking for suji halwa recipe from their neighbors. Cooking a suji halwa is taken as a ritual and a tradition based on hundreds of years. Shab e Baraa't, Shab e Mairaj, Ramadan ul Mubarak and Qura'n Khwani, all these events are fragranted with the fresh aroma of suji halwa.
Besides being cooked on the occasions, the traditional semolina pudding is sometimes eaten as an evening dish. It's recipe is very short, simple and easy and the halva can also be stored for several days.