Afghani Mutton Biryani Recipe
Afghani Mutton Biryani is easy to make and delicious in taste especially the uses of dry fruits makes its taste unique among other ordinary biryani. You may enjoy this easy homemade Afghani biryani recipe as a main course dish for lunch & Dinner.
1. Cut meat into large pieces and wash thoroughly under cold tap water.
2. Place meat, cinnamon, cloves, salt, water, garlic and ginger in a large
heavy based sauce pan.
3. Bring to boil and skim off any scum that rises to the
4. Reduce heat, cover and allow to boil gently for 40 to 45 minutes until
the meat is tender.
5. Meanwhile, put rice in a sieve and wash it thoroughly under running cold
tap until water runs clear.
6. Soak in plenty of water for 1½
7. Drain in a sieve and let it stand for a minute or two.
8. Fry nuts, raisins and carrots separately in 2 tablespoons of oil in a
small frying pan.
9. keep aside. Heat oil in a large heavy based pan, add onion
and while stirring frequently fry for 3-5 minutes.
10. Add cinnamon stick,cloves, green cardamoms, cumin, meat and 6 cups of stock, add water ifnecessary to make 6 cups.
11.Bring to boil and add rice to it.
12. Carefully stir once. Cover and reduce heat to medium and cook for 7-10 minutes.
13. Gently stir rice.
14. Do not stir to hard otherwise the rice will break.
15. Put a layer of carrot, raisins and pine nuts on the top of rice.
16. Cover with a tight fitting lid, reduce heat to very low and allow to cook for
another 7 - 10 minutes until rice is tender.
17. Fluff up rice with a fork, then transfer it into to a heated serving dish.
18. Serve with Raita.