You never thought about okra health benefits while cooking a okra bhujia. Right? Okra is also known as ladyfinger (bhindi in Urdu). It is a
common everyday cooking vegetable often found in a shopping bag with other grocery items. In this article, you are going to know about 7 amazing health benefits of
okra for women espeically for hair, skin and eyes.
1. Okra Good for Eyes
Okra is rich with vitamin A and some antioxidants such as zeaxanthin and lutein which help improve vision and eye health. Vitamin A protects eye cornea. Also lutein provides protection from UV rays which are dangerous for eyes. Eating okra regularly also aids in better vision. If possible, add ladyfinger to your daily diet otherwise increase its use in your meals.
2. Okra Benefits for Hair
Vitamins in ladyfingers greatly help to obtain shiny hair. Zinc, potassium, folate and copper in okra are also helpful to achieve strong and silky hair which is the dream of every woman. Like a natural conditioner, it can revive the health and beauty of your hairs.
- Slice 10 okras and dip in a glass of water.
- Boil it on low flame until it becomes sticky.
- Remove from stove and add couple of drops of mint oil and let it cool.
- Filter using a cloth and store in a bottle.
- Apply it on washed clean hair, leave for 5 minutes and then wash hair again.
This works like a natural hair conditioner. Use it and give a new life to dull hairs.
3. Okra Reduces Cholesterol
Okra also helps to control and lower the bad cholesterol levels. It lowers the cholesterol micellization efficacy and which ultimately slows down the cholesterol absorption process. It protects from various diseases that are caused by cholesterol such as heart problems. Including okras in your everyday diet can lower the level of bad cholesterol.
4. Okra Benefits for Liver
Okras improve the liver function, cleanses it and saves from various liver diseases. It also prevents fats from accumulating in liver. Substances in okra promote the liver detoxification as well. Adding ladyfingers in your meals can improve your liver function; you can eat it in different ways as you like.
5. Okra is Good for Bloog Sugar
Ladyfingers contain such properties which lower the sugar level in the blood. Okra has a glycemic index of 20 which makes it good for diabetic patients.
- Take 5 okras, cut the top end and slit all of them from the middle vertically.
- Soak slit okras in a cup of water for whole night.
- In the morning, remove okras and drink water empty stomach.
- This practice will help you keep sugar level maintained and controlled.
6. Lady Finger is Good for Pregnancy
Eating lady fingers are highly recommended for women during pregnancy. It contains B vitamins help prevent various defects in birth. It helps handsome growth of the new comer inside the womb. Folate in okras also helps prevent miscarriage.
7. Okra Benefits for Skin
Healthful nutrients in okra helps get a smart, delicate and beautiful skin. Vitamin C in okras repair damaged skin tissues and as a result, it saves from pigmentation of the skin. Okra also saves from acne and different other skin problems.
- Chop 2 to 3 okras and boil in 2 cup water for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Now remove the pods and mash with some jojoba oil and form a paste.
- Apply it to face and neck, wait for 15 minutes and then rinse with water.
You can use this okra face mask two times a week to get toward getting a better skin.