Shahi Mutton Pulao Recipe
It is a traditional recipe but this cooking style and ingredients make it unique.
January Recipe Contest 2014
• Mutton 1 Kg Cut In Pieces
• RIce 1 Kg Kg
• Onions 2 Thinly SlIced
• Ginger Garlic Paste 3 Tablespoons
• Yoghurt Beaten Up 1 1/2 Cups
• Garam Masala 2 Tablespoon
• Cumin Powder 1 And1/2 Tablespoon
• Red Chili Powder 2 Tablespoons
• Dhania Or Coriander Powder 2 Tablespoons
• Cinnamon Stick 1 About One Inch Long
• Green Cardamoms Or Elaichi 12
• Pepper Whole Black 12
• Cloves 12
• Bay Leaves 2
• Cashew Nuts 12 SlIce Them Into Two
• Oil 1 Teacup Small
• Salt 1 1/2 Teaspoons Or To Taste
• Raisins Or Meva 15
• Butter 2 Tablespoon
• Saffron 6 Strands
Take a bowl. Add washed mutton and add ginger garlic paste, salt red chillies, coriander and cumin powder and keep in fridge for 1 hour.
Heat oil in a fry pan and fry sliced onions to a golden brown color. Take care not to overdo.
Now take the mutton in a thick pan and fry in oil along with the fried onions with all spices not grinded cardamom bat leaves, cinnamon, pepper, cloves, yoghurt till it is 3/4 tender,
Boil the rice in a separate pan for 12 minutes till one knee [parboiled], Set aside.
When mutton is ready with oil separated from mutton set aside.
Now take a rice cooker or thick based degchee [pan] and put the butter in it.
Add cashew nuts and raisins and fry for 3 minutes.
Set aside. Now add mutton layer, rice layer layer and top with nuts and raisins.Add orange xest [ dried peel of oranges] on top and sprinlkle saffron soaked for 30 minutes in 1.2 cup milk.
Cook on low heat for 15 -20 minutes.
When blended take off. Mix layers when serving. Use mint raita and salad alongside.
Please try and you will like to eat it daily.