Mutton Jalfrezi by Chef Fauzia Recipe
Mutton Jalfrezi by Chef Fauzia is really healthy traditional cooking recipe. It is very easy to prepare and gives you unique taste of Beef & Mutton Recipes
For Pre Cooking Meat:
2 lbs. (900 grams) of Mutton or Lamb (dIced)
1/2 tsp. of Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
6 tbsp. of Curry Sauce
9 tbsp. of Cooking Oil
2 ½ large Onions (finely chopped)
2 Red Chillies (Lal Mirch) (thinly slIced)
2 Green Chillies (Hari Mirch) (thinly slIced)
3 Tomatoes (thickly slIced)
A bunch of Fresh Coriander/Cilantro Leaves (Hara Dhania)
Salt (to taste)
3 tsp. of Red Chilli Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch) (or to taste)
2 tsp. of Garam Masala Powder
2 tsp. of Cumin Seeds (Zeera)
1 tsp. of Fenugreek Seeds (Methi)
1 tbsp. of Ground Coriander (Pisa Dhania)
1 ½ tsp. of Garlic Paste (Pisa Lasan)
1 ½ tsp. of Ginger Paste (Pisi Adrak)
4 tbsp. of Tomato Puree
1 cup (125 ml) of Curry Sauce
Clarified Butter (Ghee) or Cooking Oil (as needed)
1) Heat oil in a pot. When oil is hot add in the curry sauce and turmeric powder and saute for 5 minutes. Add in the cubed lamb and 1 cup of water and simmer gently with the lid on for 20-30 mins (or until lamb is tender and done.) Once cooked drain off the sediment.
1) Fry the chopped onions in clarified butter or oil in a frying pan over medium heat until translucent or golden brown. Meanwhile, take the ½ onion, half of the garlic & ginger, and a pinch of salt and cook this in cooking oil over a medium heat until it is dark brown. Add this to the other fried onions.
2) Put the cooking oil in a pot and gently fry the garlic, ginger, salt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder , cumin, fenugreek, ground coriander and tomato puree. Cook for approximately 3 minutes very gently.
3) Add in the sliced tomatoes and chillies and stir well. Add in the pre-cooked lamb and stir until it is thoroughly coated. Add in the onions (that were fried). Add 1 cup of curry sauce. Simmer gently for 10-15 minutes until the lamb is heated throughly and has absorbed the flavor from the spices. Skim off any excess oil.
4) Season to taste and add in the chopped coriander/cilantro leaves and red or green chillies.