Dhaba Style Mutton Karahi Recipe
It is a very unique and tasty dish and very Pakistani.Favourite of travelers on highways.
January Recipe Contest 2014
• Mutton cut in karahi pieces 1,5 kg
• Yoghurt 2 cups
• Oil 1/2 cup
• Butter one cup
• Ginger half cup cut in slIces.
• Tomatoes 6 medium chopped
• onion 1 slIced or chopped
• Ginger Garlic paste 3 tablespoons
• Lemon juIce 2 tablespoons
• Red chillie powder kashmiri 1 tablespoons
• Black pepper powder 1 Teaspoon
• Turmeric one Teaspoon
• Red chillie flakes 2 tablespoon
• Saunf one Teaspoon
• Zeera one Teaspoon balck
• chopped Green chillies deseeded 1/2 cup
• Coriander 1 cup chopped
• Mint chopped 1/4 cup
1. Add oil in a desi karahi.
2. Add onions and fry till lightly sauted and not brown.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and fry on low heat.
4. Now put tomatoes chopped into the karahi.
5. Keep frying till oil seperates.
6. Now add salt, red kashmiri chicken powder,black pepper powder,turmeric,cumin powder,saunf ,zeera and fry.
7. Add mutton and slow fry till a aromatic flavour comes out.
8. Add blended dahee or yoghurt desi and keep frying.
9. When the mixture blends add two cups of water and boil.
10. Then place on medium fire to simmer, covered.
11. When mutton is done.
12. Add butter and simmer for some time.When the dish is done sptinkle red chillie flakes, lemon juice, green chopped chillies with removed seeds.coriander and mint chopped and ginger slices..
13. Serve with tandoori roti or garlic naan and salad of onions, lemon,cucumber and mint raita.