Chicken Aloo Tikki Recipe
This is avery delicious dish that can be served with tea, as a snack,lunch or appetiser.Wonderful unique dish
January Recipe Contest 2014
• Chicken mince well ground 1/2 kg
• Potatoes six large.
• Oil 1 cup for frying
• Onions one ground
• Green chilies, seeds removed and very finely chopped
• Zeera black one tablespoon
• Red chilies one Teaspoon
• Salt to taste
• Egg one
• 1 cup Bread crumbs grounded
• Saunf one Teaspoon
• Amchoor or Mango powder two tablespoons
• Coriander powder - dhania 1 tablespoons
• Ginger Garlic paste one Teaspoon.
• Mint leaves chopped two tablespoons
Take the mince and let it light fry in a non stick pan till water dries. Cover it with a lid. Add ginger garlic paste, salt to taste to it.
Let it cool.
Now take a bowl and add green chilies, coriander and mint leaves, amchoor, zeera,red chilies, saunf, onion and mix well.
Now boil the potatoes till tender but not pulpy or mushy.
Take a mortar and pastel and grind the potatoes, Take care not to make them mushy.
Make balls of potage mixture to which salt and red chilies are added to taste.
Fill the balls with the chicken mince mixture and shape them like aloo cutlets.
Take a fry pan or tawa.
Heat oil and slow fry the tikkis coated with ground bread crumbs and egg mixture till golden brown.
If you cook on high heat and lots of oil they can burn and be soft inside.
Garnish with lettuce leaves and tomatoes sauce before serving.