Gulab Jamun Recipe in Urdu
Here we are with an delicious gulab jamun recipe in urdu that you can try at home. Gulab jaman is a dessert often eaten at festivals or major celebrations such as marriages and other Muslim occasions. Try and enjoy the real taste of this traditional sweet. گلاب جامن بنانے کا طریقہ
Send Recipe's Errors & Suggestions
How to Make Gulab Jamun (Summarized Method):
- Cook 1 kg sugar in 2 cups of water.
- Remove when it gets one string consistency.
- Add 10 ground cardamoms.
- Add all purpose flour (maida), khoya, baking powder and eggs. Mix well.
- Make small balls from the mixture and place aside for some time.
- Heat oil in wok and fry balls at low heat.
- As they inflate and turn golden, it's all done.
- Tasteful gulab jamuns are ready to serve.
Gulab jaman is a traditional Pakistani sweet. It is one of the prime sweets to be distributed at celebrations and happy moments.
In Pakistani and Asian Muslims culture, a term Munh Meetha Karana (to sweeten the mouth) is used when there is some sort of happiness takes place. And people go and buy gulab jamuns or rasgulla to sweeten the mouth of relatives, friends and family.
So it's time to sweeten the mouth with your homemade gulab jamans.
History of Gulab Jaman
Gulab jaman was made first time in India; some believe that it was brought by Persians who came to India. Another belief about it suggests that it was introduced by cook of Mughal king Shah Jahan.
The term Gulab Jamun consists of two different words in which 'gulab' refers to rosewater which is part of the recipe. Whereas 'jamun' is a fruit grown in Pakistan. As it is scented with rose-water and looks like jamun fruit, it was named Gulab Jaman.