1. Add meat, green chili, salt and turmeric powder in a pan and cook.
2. When meat water is dried out, roast the meat.
3. Take a malmal cloth, add fennel, black peppercorns, white cumin, black cumin, whole coriander, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon sticks, ginger, and garlic and make a bag. Put this bag into roasted meat.
4. Add water and one onion and cook meat is tender.
5. When meat is tender, take the bag out and sift the meat with a sieve so that yakhni is separated.
6. Squeeze the bag and take the liquid out. Take ginger and garlic from the bag, squeeze the garlic, take its pulp out and chop the ginger.
7. Soak the rice in water half hour earlier.
8. Heat the oil in a pan and fry onions to golden brown.
9. Take all the onions out of pan but half tablespoon.
10. Add the ginger and garlic into pan (which you took from yakhni) and fry.
11. Add cloves, cinnamon, white cumin, black peppercorn and bay leaves.
12. Add yogurt; add meat when yogurt water is dried out, after roasting for one minute, add yakhni and Chinese salt.
13. When yakhni reaches the boiling point, add rice and mix well. Then add salt and cook on fast flame.
14. When water is likely to dry, reduce the flame level, cover the pan and put it on dam.
15. Add fried onions over the rice and place for dam so that rice are cooked completely. When rice kanni is finished, yakhni pulao is ready.
16. Take it out in a place, sprinkle fried onions and serve.
Yakhni Pulao is prepared in two stages:
- Meat ... 1 kg (chest)
- Salt ... as per taste
- Turmeric Powder ... 1 teaspoon
- Green Chili ... as per taste
- Fennel ... 2 tablespoons
- Black Cumin ... 1 teaspoon
- White Cumin .... 1 tablespoon
- Ginger .... 2 inch long piece
- Garlic .... 1 whole piece
- Whole Coriander .... 2 tablespoons
- Onion.... 1 piece medium size
- Clove .... 4,5 pieces
- Cinnamon .... 1 large piece
- Cardamom .... 1
- Black Peppercorns .... 10 to 12
Add meat into a pan, then add salt, green chili, turmeric powder and place on
stove for cooking. When meat water is dried out, roast the meat well.|
Take a malmal cloth, add fennel, black peppercorns, white cumin, black cumin,
whole coriander, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon sticks, ginger, and garlic and make
a bag. Put this bag, water and an onion into roasted meat. When meat is tender
and yakhni is ready, take the bag out and sift the meat using a sieve to extract
the yakhni from meat. Squeeze the bag to wipe out the liquid; take garlic and
ginger out of the bag. Squeeze garlic with a spoon and take its pulp. Chop the
Yakhni for pulao is ready.
- Rice ... 750 grams (3/4 kg)
- Yakhni and garlic (which you added to meat earlier)
- Chopped ginger (which you added to meat earlier)
- White cumin ... 1 tea spoon
- Cloves ... 3,4
- Cinnamon ... 1 large piece
- Black peppercorn: ... 8 to 10
- Bay leaves: ... 2,3
- Salt: ... as per taste
- Chinese salt: ... 1 tablespoon
- Onions: ... 2 (make thin slices)
- Oil: ... half mug
Yakhni Pulao Method
Soak rice in water earlier 30 minutes. Heat oil in a pan, when oil is heated up, add onions and fry till they are golden brown. Take fried onions out of the pan but leave one tablespoon onions inthe pan. Now put the garlic you took out from yakhni and roast very well. Now add cloves, cinnamon, black peppercorn, bay leaves and white cumin, roast for a minute and add yogurt. When yogurt water is dried out, add meat, roast for 2 minutes and add yakhni and Chinese salt. Cook on high flame. When rice water starts getting dried, cover the pan and lower the flame and leave it for dam. Do not use the ladle in the meanwhile otherwise rice will break. When rice water is dried out completely, and rice is cooked, revert the rice into a place for the time and add fried onions over the rice. Then place on stove for dam until it is completely cooked. When rice kanni is finished, yummy yakhni pulao is ready.
Serve hot with raaita and salad. |