Balushahi Recipe - It is one of the most traditional Pakistani sweets. See how to make balushahi in Urdu with an authentic and simple recipe by Chef Noureen Amir at KFoods.com. So let’s try it and give your views.
How to Make Balushahi Recipe in English:
- Ghee: 180 grams
- Baking Powder: A pinch
- Cream of Tartar: A pinch
- Ground Nutmeg, Mace and Cardamom: A pinch
- All Purpose Flour: 1/2 kg
- Yogurt: 75 grams
- Cold Ice Water: 180 grams
- Ghee: For frying
- Sugar: 1/2 kg
- Water: 1 liter
- Heat 180 gram ghee in a pan; then switch stove off.
- Mix yogurt, baking powder, cream of tartar, all-purpose flour, nutmeg, mace and cardamom powder in a scuttle
and soften with ice water.
- Now press with palms and make round shape balls. Press a litte in the middle with thumb.
- Now slightly heat ghee in a wok and put prepared balushahi. Stir the wok little bit.
- Once balushahi comes over the ghee, increase the flame.
- When it turns golden, turn the stove off.
- Keep balushahi within the ghee so that it is cooked well.
- Now move balushahi into lukewarm water syrup and leave for a while.
- Then transfer all balushahi pieces in a tray and pour syrup two to three times.
- It is ready to serve now.
Pakistani sweet dishes have their roots in the kitchens of Mughal emperors. Gulab Jamun, rasgulla, barfi, balushahi and shahi jalebi are the sweet
heritages of Humayoon, Babar, Orangzeb, Jahangir and Shah Jahan for the generation now and ever. We are
lucky enough to have these delights discovered by this time. Fully indulge yourself in enjoying the sweets of
tradition and heritance.
Let's start from balushahi recipe.