Tea bags have made our lives very simple in terms of preparing a cup of tea. Other than making tea,
there are many other uses for old tea bags. After having your tea enjoyed, it's bags have still a lot for
you. Either it is a milk tea bag or green or herbal tea, the tricks we are going to tell you work with
all. After reading all these benefits of old tea bags, you wouldn't throw them away!
Let's explore the top 5 usages of tea bags after drinking your tea.
1. Treat Acnes
If you have green tea bags at your home, do not throw them away after drinking the tea. Used green tea bags is a very useful home remedy to treat mild acnes. Green tea contains catechins which has strong antibacterial properties which therefore fight bacteria that cause acnes on your skin.
- First, make your green tea and then place the tea bag aside for around half hour.
- Stick the tea bag on acne.
- Remove after 10 minutes.
- Wash that place with cold water.
- Do this two times a day unless acne is removed.
2. Get Rid of Bad Breath
If you are worried for your bad breath, your worries will be no more. Again green tea bags can get you rid of your bad breath problem. Like many other health issues, bad breath is also caused by bacteria and antibacterial properties of green tea would make your breath fresh and rejuvenating.
- Infuse 2 to 3 used tea bags in hot water (It will make a mild tea).
- After 10 minutes, remove the tea bags and let it cool.
- Add some drops of tea tree oil.
- Wash your mouth with this solution twice a day.
- Continue unless you feel better.
3. Shiny Hair
Expired green tea bags can make your hair shiny and beautiful. Green Tea contains antioxidants which very helpful for beauty, strength and growth of the hairs. They also help against dandruff and scalp dryness.
- Make mild tea using 3 used tea bags with hot water.
- Brew for 10 minutes and let it cool.
- Now shampoo your hair and rinse with the tea you made.
- Massage hair for 5 minutes and then rinse with fresh cool water.
- Now dry hair with normally with air.
- You would feel a fresh and smooth gesture of your hair.
- Do this twice a week until required.
4. Reduce Aging Symptoms
Green tea's antioxidant and anti aging features are also helping us to reduce aging signs on our skin. It fights wrinkles, sagging skin, damages, fine lines and other symptoms of aging. Green tea is also helpful for improving skin complexion.
- Slit 2 teabags of green tea and gather the powder in a bowl.
- Add 2 tsp raw honey and few drops of lemon juice. Mix well.
- Massage face and neck skin with the solution.
- Leave for 5 to 10 minutes and then wash with warm water.
- Use this solution once or twice a week.
NOTE: Not recommended for sensitive skin
5. For Skin Exfoliation
Tea bags are excellent for skin exfoliation. As tea powder has a little coarse surface which promotes the exfoliation process. It helps remove dirt and dead cells from the skin.
- Unseal 2 green tea bags and transfer the powder in a pot.
- Pour some olive oil and honey and form a thick paste.
- Apply on your face and neck and leave for 10 minutes.
- Give a gentle massage using circular motions.
- Wash it with warm water.
- Use it two times a week.