Yakhni Pulao Recipe
Yakhni Pulao is a Pakistani recipe originated from Punjab province. Yakhni Pulao is a main course meal, prepared with rice and yakni of meat (usually mutton) and some other spices like cloves, chillis, onions and cumin. While cooking this recipe, yukhni is permeated into rice which is the actual specialty of the dish. If you cook it with perfection, it's taste will beat all the other rice recipes. Here is the recipe of yakhni palao by chef Shireen Anwar.
1. Soak rice in water for half an hour. Than Cook mutton with garlic cloves, green chilies, little bit salt and water till tender and so much so that it left with 2-3 cups of stock in it.
2. Heat up oil in a pan and fry onion till light golden brown
3. Add white cumin, black cumin, cinnamon sticks, star anise, small cardamoms, big cardamoms, cloves and black pepper whole and add meat in the pan, without stock. Fry for 3-4 minutes and add yogurt, cook for 4-5 minutes.
4. Measure 7-1/2 cups of stock with water and pour in the pan.
5. Add soaked rice too, without its water. Cook for 5 minutes on a high flame and on a low flame for 10 minutes than turn off the stove and let it be placed on the stove for 5-6 minutes for DAM. Now its ready to Serve with garnishing.