1) Surmai Fish ( Approax 1 to 2 kg )
2) Cumin (white) 1 tsp
3) Red chilies 1 tsp
4) Black pepper 1 tsp
5) Green chilies (crushed) 4 only
6) Coriander (green, thinly cut) 1 bunch
7) Mint 1 bunch
8) Salt to taste
9) Lemons 2 only
10) Eggs 1 only
1) Black pepper 1 tsp
2) Red chilies 1 tsp
3) White cumin powder 1 tsp
4) Green chilies finely cut 4 only
5) Mint thinly cut 1/2 bunch
6) Salt to taste
7) Lemons 1 only
8) Egg 1 only
9) Onion thinly cut 2 only
10) Coriander powder 1 tbsp
11) Ginger/ Garlic paste 1 tbsp
12) Red chilies powder 1 tbsp
13) Turmeric 1 tsp
14) Salt to taste
15) Yogurt 1/2 cup
16) Oil 1 cup
Surmai Fish Kofta Method / Tarika:
1) Remove fish skin and bone ( Surmai or any other variety )
2) cut it into small pieces and wash it.
3) Marinate fish pieces with salt, vinegar and garlic for half an hour and
then wash it.
4) Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Rub again on fish pieces white
5) vinegar, salt and fry them in the frying pan until water dries up and
pieces turn brown.
6) In a bowl place fish pieces and crush them with hand to make mince.
7) Add all ingredients of koftas in this mince and mix well till cooking
8) In another pan heat oil and brown onion in it. Place fried onion on
newspaper to absorb its oil and make it crispy.
9) In a bowl mix all the ingredients of gravy, then pour them in a pan and
add fried onion (first crush it by hands).
10) Add half cup of water to mix all masalas and cook until water dries up.
11) Stir-fry until oil floats on top. Now add enough water to make gravy and
cook on low flame.
12) In this gravy place koftas and cook on low flame until koftas are
13) (Do not cover the pan and don’t stir, as koftas will break.) Then
lower the flame and simmer.
14) If required add half cup of water and cook until oil floats on top and
good odor comes out.
15) Surmai koftas can be served with naan, chapatti or boiled rice.
Send Recipe's Errors & Suggestions