Nawabi Mutton Biryani Recipe
Nawabi Mutton Biryani is really healthy traditional cooking recipe. It is very easy to prepare and gives you unique taste of Rice recipes
February Recipe Contest 2014
How to make biryani mutton nawabi:
• Heat 5 tbsp ghee and fry the almonds, cashewnuts, chironji, raisins, apricots (halved) till light brown in colour. Keep aside.
• In the same oil fry the onions till crisp.
• Grind the fried onions and chillies to a fine paste.
• Marinate the meat in beaten curds, ginger-garlic paste, onion-chilli paste, turmeric powder and salt for 1 1/2 hours.
• Heat 2 1/2 tblsp ghee and saute the marinated meat till it is dry and oil leaves the sides of the pan.
• In a separate pan heat 2 tblsp ghee and fry the cinnamon, cardamom, shahjeera and black pepper till the seeds start spluttering.
• Add the drained rice and saute for 4-5 minutes.
• Add warm water. The level of water should be 1 1/2 inches above the rice level.
• Add salt as per taste. Cook till rice is done.
• Spread on a plate and remove the cinnamon, cardamoms and cloves.
• To Assemble
• Take a heavy bottomed pan and line it with ghee.
• Add the prepared mutton and sprinkle garam masala over it.
• Cover with cooked rice and dot with ghee.
• Make deep holes in the rice and add the saffron (soaked in 1/2 milk) and sprinkle fried nuts and onions.
• Cover the pan and seal the edges with dough.
• Heat a tawa and place the pan on top and cook on a very low flame for 20-25 minutes.
• Mix and serve hot garnished with chopped mint leaves.