For the masala Masoor
1) Oil 1 tbsp
2) Whole Masoor (red lentils) 1/2 cup
3) Chopped Onions 1/2 cup
4) Red chilli-Garlic paste 3 tbsp
5) Potato cubes 1/2 cup
6) Chopped Tomatoes 3/4 cup
7) Apricots(finely chopped) 2
8) Raisins 1 tbsp
9) Salt to taste
10) Other ingredients:
11) Cooked rIce 2 1/2 cups
12) Oil for greasing
For the garnish
1) Chopped Coriander 2 tbsp
Masoor Biryani Method / Tarika:
1.For the masala masoor:
2.Clean, wash and soak the masoor in enough water atleast 1 to 2 hours.
3. Drain the masoor. Keep aside.
4. Heat oil in pressure cooker add onions & saute till they turn brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
5. Add the red chilli-garlic paste and saute for a few more seconds, while stirring continuously.
6. Add potatoes, tomatoes, apricots, raisins, masoor, salt & 1 1/4 cups water & pressure cook 1 whistle.
7. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
8. If it is watery, simmer till little moisture evaporates and the mixuter becomes semi-dry. Keep aside.
9.How to proceed:
10.Divide the rice into 3 equal portions and the masala masoor into 2 equal portions keep aside.
11. Spread one portion of the rice in an even layer in a greased glass baking dish.
12. Spread one portion of the masala masoor over it.
13. Spread remaining rice over the masala masoor in an oven layer.
14. Repeat the steps 2 and 3 to make one more layer.
15. Cover with an aluminium foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degree C for 10 minutes or microwave for 2 minutes.
16. Ensure you do not use aluminium foil while microwaving, as it may cause a spark.
17. Use a microwave-safe lid instead.
18. Turn upside down on a large serving palte, just before serving.
19. Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Send Recipe's Errors & Suggestions