Masoor Biryani Recipe
Masoor Biryani is really healthy traditional cooking recipe. It is very easy to prepare and gives you unique taste of Rice recipes
For the masala Masoor
1) Oil 1 tbsp
2) Whole Masoor (red lentils) 1/2 cup
3) Chopped Onions 1/2 cup
4) Red chilli-Garlic paste 3 tbsp
5) Potato cubes 1/2 cup
6) Chopped Tomatoes 3/4 cup
7) Apricots(finely chopped) 2
8) Raisins 1 tbsp
9) Salt to taste
10) Other ingredients:
11) Cooked rIce 2 1/2 cups
12) Oil for greasing
For the garnish
1) Chopped Coriander 2 tbsp
1.For the masala masoor:
2.Clean, wash and soak the masoor in enough water atleast 1 to 2 hours.
3. Drain the masoor. Keep aside.
4. Heat oil in pressure cooker add onions & saute till they turn brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
5. Add the red chilli-garlic paste and saute for a few more seconds, while stirring continuously.
6. Add potatoes, tomatoes, apricots, raisins, masoor, salt & 1 1/4 cups water & pressure cook 1 whistle.
7. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
8. If it is watery, simmer till little moisture evaporates and the mixuter becomes semi-dry. Keep aside.
9.How to proceed:
10.Divide the rice into 3 equal portions and the masala masoor into 2 equal portions keep aside.
11. Spread one portion of the rice in an even layer in a greased glass baking dish.
12. Spread one portion of the masala masoor over it.
13. Spread remaining rice over the masala masoor in an oven layer.
14. Repeat the steps 2 and 3 to make one more layer.
15. Cover with an aluminium foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degree C for 10 minutes or microwave for 2 minutes.
16. Ensure you do not use aluminium foil while microwaving, as it may cause a spark.
17. Use a microwave-safe lid instead.
18. Turn upside down on a large serving palte, just before serving.
19. Serve hot garnished with coriander.