Kadhi Pakoras Recipe
Kadhi Pakora Recipe comes with a delectable, fresh aromatic taste. The recipe consists of two stages. First, preparing the Kadhi and second stage consists of preparing pakoras. You can enjoy this with loaf/chapat/naan or eat with spoon. Both ways, you will find it an awesome piece of food.
Kadhi Pakoras Method / Tarika:Kadhi:
• 1 cup yogurt
• 2/3 cup gram flour (besan)
• 6 cups Water
• 2 tablespoons Ghee (clear Butter)
• Pinch of asafetida (hing)
• 1/2 Teaspoon Fenugreek seeds (mathi)
• 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin seeds
• 1 Teaspoon turmeric
• 4 whole red chilies
• 2 bay leaves
• 1/2 Teaspoon red chili powder
• 1 Teaspoon Salt
• Pinch of Citric acid if needed
• 3/4 cup besan (Gram flour)
• About 2/3 cup Water
• 1 Teaspoon of Ghee or clear Butter
• 1/4 Teaspoon of red chili powder or paprika
• Beat the yogurt. Mix in 2/3 cup of gram flour and turmeric. Mix until there are no lumps. Add 3 cups of water slowly and mix well.
• Heat the oil in a saucepan. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If the cumin seeds crack right away, the oil is ready.
• Add the asafetida, fenugreek seeds, and cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds crack, add the bay leaves, whole red chilies, and red chili powder. Stir for a few seconds.
• Add the yogurt mixture and keep stirring until the kadhi comes to a boil.
• Add 3 cups of water and let it boil and turn the heat to medium low. Stir occasionally and let the kadhi cook for between 1 to 1 1/2 hours. When the kadhi is cooked, add salt. Adding the salt after the kadhi is cooked will prevent the yogurt from breaking. Tip: You can adjust the thickness of the kadhi to your liking by adding water.
• Mix besan with about 2/3 cup of water and mix well until there is smooth.
• Whip the basen batter using a spoon in a circular motion for about 2-3 minutes. Batter wii become light and fluffy.
• Heat the oil in a flat pan. The oil should be about 1/2 inch deep.
• To check if the oil is ready put one drop of batter in oil, the batter should come up but not change color right away,
• Place about 1 tablespoon of batter into the oil. Batter should not be covered wiyj oil. This will allow the pakoras to expand. The pakoras will be softer if they are shallow fried.
• Fry the pakoras in small batches. Fry the pakoras until golden-brown.
• After the pakoras are fried, soak pakoras in room temperature water for about 10 minutes.
• Next, squeeze the pakoras gently to takeout the water, without breaking the pakoras.
• Add the pakoras to the hot kadhi and let it boil on low-medium heat for approximately 10 minutes.
Heat the ghee (clear butter) lightly in a small saucepan. Add chili powder and/or paprika (adjust to taste). Pour over the kadhi when ready to serve.
Send Recipe's Errors & Suggestions