Iranian Haleem Recipe
Iranian haleem or Persian haleem recipe is one of the famous haleem dishes from Iranian cuisine. It uses turkey meat with bulgur, onions, cinnamon and water. Let's see how to make Irani haleem and enjoy a unique taste of this Iranian dish.
1 liter Water
1 lb turkey breast (skinless)
1 large onion (slIced)
1/2 lb bulgur
1. Place turkey, onion and salt in a pot. Lower heat and cook until turkey is cooked (about 1 hour). If juices evaporate before turkey is done, add 1/4 cup water. When turkey is cooked, remove from the pot and mash with a potato masher.
2. Add water to the bulgur to barely cover it (1 litre is enough), then bring to a boil.
3. Stir occasionally, to prevent the formation of a crust on the bottom of the pan.
4. In a food processor, mash bulgur into a soft paste and set aside.
5. Return turkey and bulgur to the pot, mix well and cook over low heat for 2 hours. Then add butter, sugar and sesame.
6. Serve it in a bowl, sprinkled with cinnamon.