Hyderabadi Haleem Recipe
When it comes about Haleem, we must talk about Hyderabadi haleem recipe. It is a famous delicacy
served at special occasions. It is the queen of Hyderabadi recipes and if you like dishes from Hyderabadi cuisines, you can't afford to miss this.
1. Clean, wash and rinse mutton thoroughly.
2. Soak broken wheat, urad and chana daal in water for 4 hrs. Make sure water is double of the quantity of dal and wheat mixture.
3. Take a pressure cooker, pour 4 tsp oil, add one cup of chopped sliced onions and fry till they turn golden brown.
4. Now add Ginger Garlic paste, cardamom, cinnamon and clove pieces to the fried onions and fry them for two minutes.
5. Next add mutton pieces to cooker. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and one cup of water, stir well and close the lid of the cooker.
6. Leave it on a full flame for 15min or 5 whistles.
7. Once the pressure goes off, open the lid and neatly separate the meat from bones using a table knife and fork.
8. Keep the separated meat pieces in cooker; add one tsp salt, one tsp coriander powder, ¼ tsp Garam masala and cumin powder, 4 green chillies, half cup coriander leaves, 5-6 mint leaves and chopped tomato, yogurt and a cup of water. Mix the contents well and close the lid of the cooker and pressure-cook for 20 minutes on high flame.
9. Meanwhile take another aluminum container and add soaked broken wheat, urad and chana dal mixture in it.
10. Pour 2 glasses of water.
11. Add the separated bones to the dal and wheat mixture. Add ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp salt and cook for 20 min and keep stirring every minute to get good texture of haleem.
12. Once cooked for 20 min, put off the flame and mash the mixture for five minutes with wooden churner.
13. Now add cooked mutton to the dal mixture container. Turn on the stove and cook the mixture in the container on low flame for one hour while stirring for every 3 min.
14. If the mixture became a thick paste and is turned to a golden color, put off the flame. Do not overcook.
15. Add a table spoon of ghee in a small container and fry the black pepper corns and mix it with the haleem which turned to golden color.
16. Use fried onions and cashew nuts as topping and also garnish the haleem with coriander leaves.
17. That’s all. Your tasty Hyderabadi haleem is ready.
18. Serve hot with sliced lemons.