Aam aur Chane ka Achaar Recipe
This recipe is of a tongue tickling grated mango and chick pea pickle combined judiciously with whole and powdered spices. The chick peas in this recipe take on a sour salty flavour as they are soaked in raw mango juice.
1. Combine the grated mango, turmeric powder and salt and leave aside for 30 minutes.
2. Squeeze out all the mango water using a muslim cloth and keep aside. Keep the grated mango aside separately.
3. Soak the Kabuli chana and fenugreek seeds in the mango water overnight.
4. Refrigerate the grated mango.
5. Combine the fenugreek seeds powder, fennel seeds, asafoetida, nigella seeds, whole red chillies, chilli powder and soaked Kabuli chana mixture with the grated mango. Mix well.
6. Heat the mustard oil. Cool it and add to the prepared mixture.
7. Bottle the pickle in a sterilised glass jar.
8. The pickle is ready to eat after 3 to 4 days.
9. Store it a cool dry place for upto 1 year.